Friday, May 18, 2007

Utah-Spain 2003 (8)

March 27th, 2003

Thanks to those who were concerned about me and my friends...

Down here in El Chorro we were completely oblivious to the suffering of those in Madrid until we came home for dinner. Spain is in a three day mourning, cancelling campaigning for their upcoming elections. It's the largest act of terror in their history and the largest act in Europe since ´88 (Pan Am flight bombing). Unfortunate and I don't know which is more frightening... that it was Al Qaeda-related or that it was ETA... probably the former in the big picture and the latter as far as Spain´s future is concerned...

In any case, all is well in El Chorro - the sun is shining today, despite forecasts of rain...and Justin is ok in Barcelona with his parents. .. that's all I guess I can really say... It's odd... I was in Italy on September 11th 2001... and now I'm in Spain for this attack... maybe not odd... but well... I dunno... anyway... take care of yourselves!

No comments: